configure failure

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: configure failure
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:50:40 -0600

Hi all,

I'm trying to ./configure classpath-0.19 on Redhat9 and getting this:

checking for freetype2... Package freetype2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `freetype2.pc'
No package 'freetype2' found

configure: error: Library requirements (freetype2) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
$ rpm -qa | grep freetype
freetype-2.1.3-6
freetype-devel-2.1.3-6
$ rpm -ql freetype | grep '\.pc'
$

I'm not educated on the wonders of pkg-config.

Where do I find freetype2.pc and why isn't it on this system?

Thanks,
-Archie