Re: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer.c (initStaticState): missing NewGl

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer.c (initStaticState): missing NewGlobalRef?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 19:09:43 +0100

Hi Christian,

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 16:42 +0100, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> We are currently developing a JNI source code analyzer, which scans for
> missing NewGlobalRef calls (this is for popl06).  And it seems that it
> has found a bug in GNU classpath's gtk peers.
>
> In Java_gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkFontPeer_initStaticState the global
> variable glyphVector_class is not registered and is used afterwards in
> getGlyphVector to instantiate a new object.

Yes, nice catch. Now that I have seen this I am surprised we don't have
more bugs like this one. it is easy to miss. Cool to know you have a
code analyzer for this. Please let us know when the paper is published.

Could you post this patch plus ChangeLog entry to classpath-patches and
commit it?

Thanks,

Mark