mailing list troubles

From: Mark Wielaard
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:17:31 +0100

Hi all,

I tried to warn about a couple of issues with the mailing lists and
savannah. But apparently I am one of the people trapped in some insane
spam fighting scheme. Attached are the messages I sent from my normal
email address. Unfortunately gnu.org currently doesn't accept email from
that address (because it is refusing to handle sender verification
through null reverse paths [mail from: <> bounces]). I hope that some
people will at least get this message. If you are not receiving email,
or are not able to sent email to the various classpath mailing lists
please check the archives at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/ or
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.classpath.devel

This being a long thanksgiving weekend for some people makes it
impossible to predict how long this will be an issue. I try to keep you
updated.

Yes, I understand the irony of trying to sent email about email not
working... I'll try to post something on planet.classpath.org when I
know more.

Sigh,

Mark
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Savannah back up [Was: savannah down (and list bounces again)] Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:27:34 +0100
Hi all,

Seems my previous emails (forwarded below) have still not hit the
list :{ But the good news is that savannah is back up again:
http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4136

Cheers,

Mark
--- Begin Message --- Subject: savannah down (and list bounces again) Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:23:19 +0100
Hi all,

Seems this is a day that everything breaks down :{
My original email about the spamcop rbl block seems to have never
reached the list, so here it is attached again. And now savannah is
down. Several people have been paged to get the system back up, but
apparently everybody capable of doing that is located in an area
observing thanksgiving. So no ETA about when it will be available again.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers,

Mark
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Lots of email bounces/unsubscribes Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:37:18 +0100
Hi,

I am seeing a lot of list traffic bounce and/or people being
unsubscribed because spamcop.net has lists.gnu.org in its RBL. If you
are (indirectly through your ISP) using spamcop you will probably not
receive this email. But I post it anyway for people reading the archives
after they have discovered their mail server has been blocking any
gnu.org emails.

I asked the savannah-hackers and gnu.org sysadmins to investigate but
till it has been resolved it would be good to not use the spamcop RBL.

Cheers,

Mark