Re: Introducing builder.classpath.org

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Introducing builder.classpath.org
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:30:42 +0100

Hi Leo,

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 22:26 -0800, Leo Simons wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 02:49:18PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > We are currently using Tom Tromey's build
> > scripts
>
> Could I get a URL for those? Sounds like a good use case for a certain
> project I'm working on :-) :-)

I was afraid someone would ask for them. Especially someone who actually
has a nice, clean, auto-builder setup like gump... :)

I would like to also have gump running on builder. But I thought it was
good to have at least the bootstrapping environment (runtime, compiler
and core libraries plus rudimentary core test suites) available before
doing the more higher level setups.

You are right, we shouldn't just have them available on
builder.classpath.org, but distribute them more widely so others can
also easily setup auto-builders/testers. The "scripts" aren't that
complicated though, they are basically helpers for checking out,
configuring, building and running some standard targets.

Tom, would you be OK with setting up a new classpath CVS module
"builder" and have the scripts available there with a rudimentary README
how to bootstrap an auto-tester?

Cheers,

Mark