Re: JUnit

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: JUnit
Date: 23 Dec 2005 15:15:26 -0700

>>>>> "Raif" == Raif S Naffah <address@hidden> writes:

Raif> the proposal is to port the GNU Crypto Mauve tests to use JUnit
Raif> instead.  this would make it easier to test using an IDE such as
Raif> the Native Eclipse.

Raif> is this idea worth discussing or should we consider that for the
Raif> forseeable future Mauve only is the test framework for GNU Classpath?

I think we ought to change Mauve to use JUnit as well.  This is
probably a big job but it has some benefits: it will make it even
simpler to write test cases and run the tests from inside Eclipse (and
probably other environments -- JUnit is the standard), and I think it
will make it simpler for us to reuse test cases written for Harmony.
Also I don't think it will substantially hurt anybody not using
Eclipse.

Tom