Re: building Classpath for Win32

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: building Classpath for Win32
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:07:43 +0100

Enrico Migliore wrote:
Hi,

I would like to build Classpath for Windows with
Cygwin's GCC and GCJ.

That's not going to work, unfortunately. Cygwin only ships gcj 3.4.x, and GNU Classpath needs at least gcj 4.x to build.

Unless you build your own gcj 4 toolchain on Cygwin, you will need to chose a different java compiler.

I've written up how to get Kaffe running on Cygwin at http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/kaffe/FAQ/FAQ.win32?rev=HEAD and that document contains links to patches for jikes 1.22 necessary to be able to build GNU Classpath on Cygwin.

cheers,
dalibor topic