heavyweight popups

From: Chris Lansdown
Subject: heavyweight popups
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:36:08 -0500

Hi,

Are heavyweight JPopups implemented and working?

I've been looking into the code, and the problem with the FileFilter combo
box in JFileChooser (ok, the MetalFileChooserUI implementation of it)
appears to be that unlike the top combo box popup, the file filter popup
gets implemented as a heavyweight popup (since it doesn't stay entirely
inside of its parent), and that that's what isn't working.

Any thoughts from any of the swing people?

Thanks,
Chris Lansdown

--
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker
will be sorry."  -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"