Re: gnu.testlet.java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle problem on darwin

From: Andreas Tobler
Subject: Re: gnu.testlet.java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle problem on darwin
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:35:27 +0100

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Christian Thalinger wrote:
Hi!

I'm currently hunting a darwin bug, found by tgolem, on darwin:

FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle: uncaught exception
at "low case locale" number 1: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
gnu/testlet/java/util/ResourceBundle/Resource4_jp_JA_win (wrong name:
gnu/testlet/java/util/ResourceBundle/Resource4_jp_JA_WIN)

The problem is that darwin _does_ find the file
gnu/testlet/java/util/ResourceBundle/Resource4_jp_JA_win.class:

finished: java.io.File.exists()Z->1 (0x00000001)

AFAIK darwin has a case insensitive file system.  How can we handle that
problem (i'm not a darwin guru :-)?

Case sensitivity is a property of the file system, not the operating system.

I.e. even on Darwin you can have case sensitive file systems, for
example if you mount a NFS drive.

Also native, since tiger there is a HFS+ case sensitive variant.
Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled), Apple_HFSX

Andreas