classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Servlet API

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Servlet API
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:16:53 +0100

>>> <address@hidden> 06-Jun-01 3:33:52 AM >>>

  javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper
  javax.servlet.ServletResponseWraper
  javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionActivationListener
  javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener
  javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequestWrapper
  javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper

  and I'd be happy to finish these sometime either this
  weekend or next week.

Cool. As I said, I have classes for HttpServletXXXWrapper but they're
not seperated into ServletXXXWrapper and HttpServletXXXWrapper.

If you want them they're in the Paperclips CVS.

  Also, even though it is probably not necessary
  in this case, I'm in the habit of writing test cases
  for all the code just to keep me honest.

Peronsally, I just concentrate on the code that can be tested. It's
impossible to test some methods with almost no implementation.

  I don't know >if there is a process for this in place
  already, but I usually use JUnit. I can check in those
  test cases (as well as write compliance test cases for
  the rest of the servlet API if you'd like) in the
  "developer-only" section.

Hmmm.... Dave Brownell has some ideas about testing too. Maybe we can
sort this issue out soon-ish. Some questions for you:

- is junit free?
- could junit tests be easily packaged within the individual cvs
modules?
- are junit tests really better than main() with some test code?

Nic