classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] autoconf/automake suite for gnu-crypto

From: Olivier LF
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] autoconf/automake suite for gnu-crypto
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 17:38:38 +1100

Hi,

this is the autoconf2.52/automake1.5a layer for gnu-crypto.
To try it:

Step 1
------
cvs checkout crypto
cd crypto
tar -zxvf crypto-am.tgz

mv libtool.m4 /usr/local/autoconf/share/aclocal
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              or wherever autoconf is installed (or automake! I can't
              remember... I have both installed with the same perfix:
              --prefix=/usr/local/autoconf)

Step 2
------
Generate "configure" and "Makefile.in" files:

   still in "crypto" dir
   aclocal && autoconf && automake

Step 3
------
Compile gnu-crypto using configure:

   cd ..         move outside the project tree
   mkdir tmpbuild
   cd tmpbuild
   ../crypto/configure --prefix=/usr/local/crypto --with-compiler=gcj
   make
   make test-vectors
   make install

That's it! It is working for me with gcj 3.1 from 14/10/2001.
After the installation you should have:

   lib/lib-gnu-crypto.so.1.0.0          Shared library
   lib/lib-gnu-crypto.so.1
   lib/lib-gnu-crypto.so
   lib/lib-gnu-crypto.la
   lib/lib-gnu-crypto.a

   bin/NessieCipherTVEmitter            A native executable

   doc/api/gnu/crypto/...               Javadoc

   share/gnu-crypto.jar                 Jar file built with gcj

The file INSTALL has more instructions for compilation with jikes and
javac.

good luck

Olivier

Olivier Louchart-Fletcher