classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] NNTP Provider

From: Dmitry Beransky
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] NNTP Provider
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

Great!  In this case, here I go:

1.  Glancing through the code, it got an impression that it should be
possible to cache the list of news groups available from a particular
server.  Yet, I can't figure out what I need to do to make caching work.
Every time I run my program, getDefaultFolder().list() downloads the
entire list.

2.  Is there any reason information returned by XOVER is not mapped to
corresponding MimeMessage properties (like "lines" to "lineCount" and
"bytes" to "size")?  Currently, I've modified Acrticle, overriding
getLineCount() and getSize() to return corresponding values from "lines"
and "bytes" headers if they exist.  However, I'm not sure if this
introduces any side effects.

Thanks
Dmitry