classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Getting newsgroup list in real-time

From: Cedric Hyppolite
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Getting newsgroup list in real-time
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:24:49 +0200

Le 5 mai 06 à 14:12, Chris Burdess a écrit :

Cedric Hyppolite wrote:
I am trying to list all newsgroup available from a server. I found that the API does not allow the listing of groups before the complete list is retrieved.

There is no getFolders() method on the NNTPRootFolder that would allow the listing of currently known newgroups. For Mail the listing of folder is not that long, but for NewsGroups it takes a while.

I am missing something obvious ?

How could I get this information? Adding a ListListener parameter to the list() method, or a getFolders() method which could return the result of the current/last listing.

Does listSubscribed do what you want?

I don't think so. listSubscribed is for listing folders/newsgroup that we know exists (from newsrc file) from a previous listing or session.

What I want is to get the list of newsgroup in real time so the user does not wait 10 minutes before being able to browse the list of groups available on a server,
and starting making up a list of groups to subscribe to.

Cedric

--
犬 Chris Burdess
  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety