RE: "String too long" during cons build

From: Kolarik, Tony
Subject: RE: "String too long" during cons build
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:29:29 -0400

Sorry to bother the non NT users out there but...

It looks like it's cmd.exe (the NT command interpreter) that's choking.

C:\WINNT\system32>strings -a cmd.exe | grep "character string"
The following character string is too long:

I don't know why this happens on only one guys machine - cons emits the same
strings in a given build tree, all relative to the # root.  Any idea if he
may have inadvertently set a maximum string length?  Or how to "advertently"
set it to a larger number?  Thanks,
 -- Tony K.