More newbie questions...

From: Eric Brown
Subject: More newbie questions...
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:50:47 -0700

I'm obviously misunderstanding something about Export, as I'm getting odd
errors from cons.  I've been following the examples, and I'm getting errors
that I don't understand.

My Construct file has:
$ENV = new cons();

Export qw( ENV );

Build qw(
        backend/Conscript
        );

backend/Conscript has:
Import qw( ENV );

$INCLUDE = "#/include";
$LIB     = "#/lib";
$BIN     = "#/bin";

Export qw( ENV INCLUDE LIB BIN );

Build qw( Common/Conscript
        );

When I run CONS, I get:
cons.bat: error in file "backend\Conscript" (cons.bat: variable "ENV"
exported b
ut not defined by file "Construct")
cons.bat: script errors encountered: construction aborted

Now, since Construct has $ENV = new cons(); right there at line 1, I am
completely at a loss as to why cons thinks that ENV is exported but not
defined.

I'm running cons 2.0.2 on Windows 2000, using ActivePerl build 618 (based on
Perl 5.6.0).

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Eric

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." -- National Lampoon's
"Doon"