NT users only

From: Kolarik, Tony
Subject: NT users only
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:51:51 -0400

I posted a bug report on the microsoft web site about the msdev/visual
studio editor mishandling hard links.  I assume they have thousands of bugs
and won't do anything about it, but maybe if they get more reports on the
same thing it would make a difference.

Fixing it might allow the coming cons win32 extensions to assume hard links
(if we can ascertain NT w/NTFS somehow), and do away with absolute file
names in the future.  Absolute names are currently used so IDE (msdev) users
see compiler error messages that they can then edit with a mouse click.

Thanks,
 -- Tony K.