Re: Unable to Make Digest-MD5-2.12

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: Unable to Make Digest-MD5-2.12
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:22:54 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Marcello Pietrobon wrote:

> First I cannot install Digest-MD5-2.12
> even following the instructions this is what I get:
> C:\GNU\Cons\Digest-MD5-2.12>make
> make: Error -- rem: The system cannot find the file specified.
> make: Error code -1
>
> What's wrong ?
> I hope you can help me.
> Thank you

Since you seem to be using Activestate Perl, you could probably use
their installation method for extra modules (PPM):

    c:\> perl -S ppm.pl
    PPM> install Digest-MD5

Much easier than building the module yourself :-)

Information on PPM can be found in the online-docs (in your
installed version of Perl), or you can look at Activestates
WWW-site. The address seems to be:

   http://velocity.activestate.com/docs/ActivePerl/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html

/Johan Holmberg