Re: Cons -t and linked directories...

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: Cons -t and linked directories...
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:18:02 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Eric Brown wrote:
> How exactly is cons -t supposed to work in the presence of linked
> directories?
>
> In particular, when I run cons -t in a subdirectory of the top-level
> directory, cons -t *runs*, but doesn't find any targets to build.  When I
> run cons -t in a subdirectory of the *build* directory, cons finds the
> appropriate targets to build.

Greg Spencer contributed a patch that was added to Cons 2.0 (actually,
to 1.8b2) to make -t work properly with Link; apparently this happened
some time after your 1.8-dev version.  In 2.0, if you use -t in a source
subdirectory, it will fall back to looking for Linked subdirectories
and try to build the appropriate Linked targets.

There may be some end-case interactions that aren't exactly right, but it
works well for the usual case.  If you're going to try to retrofit the 2.0
(or later) code to your version, look for the dir::linked_targets method,
and the {links} attribute.

        --SK