Dynamic target

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: Dynamic target
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:42:43 -0800

I need to implement the following 2 steps:

1. The first step takes 2 input text files and generates a set of .c files.
These files will all get the same prefix, but other than that
I do not know the names of these files or the size of the set in advance.

2. The second step compiles and links these files into an executable.

Basically, the first step generates a list of files which should be used
as inputs for the second step.

How can I implement this? It seems, Command method requires an explicit list
for its target, so I cannot use it directly for my first step.

Thanks, Zach.