Minor Patch to cons.bat (affects Win32 only)

From: Alex Jacques
Subject: Minor Patch to cons.bat (affects Win32 only)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:21:03 -0500

If I run cons.bat on Win32 (or at least the Windows 2000 5.00.2195
Service Pack 1 I'm running) I get the disconcerting message "The system
cannot find the batch label specified - endofperl". This only appears
after Cons has run. It is harmless but, like I said, disconcerting to
users. It can be fixed by applying the attached patches.

cons.bat.patch applies to cons.bat from the V2.2.0 release

more importantly

cons.bat.proto.patch applies to .../src/cons.bat.proto (CVS V1.4) in the
CVS tree

All these patches do is change the last line from "#:endofperl" to
":endofperl" and precede the last line with "__END__" (which is
redundant since there's already one in cons.pl, but just in case anyone
removes it).

Minor curiousity: the above mentioned problem does not occur if cons.bat
has CR-LF line endings instead of LF. But that's a bigger pain to change
than the minor patch.