Re: Indirect object vs. arrow syntax in manual (was Re: Problems with D

From: Tony Kolarik
Subject: Re: Indirect object vs. arrow syntax in manual (was Re: Problems with Depends...)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:07:51 -0500

Alex Jacques wrote:

> My suggestion: use the -> syntax exclusively in the manual. Any
> feedback?

I agree.  Its a more familiar/obvious syntax for those looking for a better
build tool, not a perl tutorial.  The comma thing tripped me up once, w/o a
peep from perl itself about a syntax problem.

And for what its worth I think the cons code itself would be better off with
it too.

BTW, if you plan on changing or enhancing the doc you'll need to sign some
sort of legal waiver for GNU.
 -- Tony K.