Ctrl-C on Win32

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Ctrl-C on Win32
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:03:34 +0200 (MEST)

Sorry to bother you all with more Win32-questions, but it seems
to me that Cons doesn't behave well on that OS (I use NT4).

I wonder if others can confirm the following:

When I interrupt Cons with Ctrl-C, Cons is supposed to save the
cached changes to all  ".consign" files to disk. That way all
successful compilations done are not "forgotten" the next time Cons
is exected.

But this doesn't work on NT.
When I hit Ctrl-C I see this behaviour:

ActivePerl 518:

  Cons finishes without calling the handler that is supposed to be called.
  No ".consign" files are saved.

ActivePerl 522:

  (same as 518)

ActivePerl 623:

  here Perl (and thereby Cons) seems to realize that Ctrl-C has
  been hit, but I get two "Application Error" dialog boxes saying:

          "The unknown software exception XXX occured in the
          application at location YYY.
          Click OK to terminate the application.
          Click CANCEL to debug the application".

          "The instruction at XXX referenced memory at YYY.
          The memory could not be written.
          Click OK to terminate the application.
          Click CANCEL to debug the application".

  And no ".consign" files are saved.

Can anyone confirm this undesirable behaviour,
or maybe give an example where things works as expecteed.

I don't think this is Cons fault, but instead Perl on Win32.

/Johan Holmberg