RE: deprecating features: -wf, Repository_Sig_Times_OK?

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: RE: deprecating features: -wf, Repository_Sig_Times_OK?
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:19:16 -0400

My original idea was to wrap cons -wf in a shell script, which would do at
the end something like
  etags [args] `grep *.c considered-files.txt`
but then I really would like that to run only if cons really "did
something," not just considered doing something.  And I never got around to
thinking about that part of it.

Perhaps it would be nice to have a global cons method, AtEnd() or
AfterAllBuilt(), which takes a perl code ref or a string, and executes that
*only* if cons built anything.  I for one would use this immediately.  Maybe
once I get my stuff up on the latest version I'll look into that.  (I'm in
the midst of a release cycle now and can't change anything.)   If we had
this, then the shell script I mentioned above wouldn't even be needed.

-- Gary Oberbrunner

ps: I would be more than happy for -wf to be renamed.