SCons (Python version of Cons) development under way

From: Steven Knight
Subject: SCons (Python version of Cons) development under way
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:19:31 -0500 (CDT)

Conspirators--

Some past discussions on the mailing list have talked about the
potential attractiveness of a Python implementation of the Cons
architecture.  I wanted to let those of you who may be interested know
that I've been working on this (now named SCons) in the background since
earlier this year. Although it's still pre-alpha (not even all the basic
functionality is there yet), there's enough infrastructure and momentum
in place now that the project is going public.

SCons is now registered as a project at SourceForge.  The home page:

        http://scons.sourceforge.net/

contains a lot of information, including a FAQ, Developer Guidelines,
links to the SourceForge project page and the web-browsable CVS tree,
mailing list archives, etc.

There are currently two active developers besides myself.  We're looking
to add more people to the team, so if this project interests you and
you have time and talent to contribute (coding, documentation, testing,
whatever), we'd love to hear from you...  Additional feedback is
welcome, too.  Thanks!

        --SK