Are there Windows users of cons? Johan

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: Are there Windows users of cons? Johan
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:55:15 -0700

Johan,

in over a year of use I have not had a single problem with Greg's
ConsExtensions.pl and I am not asking cons maintainers to maintain
this module. It is fine for it to live as an extension.

But in order to use it you need 2 small modifications
in cons proper. It is :S modifier which allows to take files from
the source directory (not from the Linked directory with .obj, etc
files) This allows editors (Visual Studio) and debuggers (gdb on unix)
to find sources correctly. Obviously, you solved the same problem
in your module.

There is also ! prefix similar to # which allows to place generated
.dsw and .dsp files into the source directories.

Note that these changes augment but do not change the existing
functionality.
All the current tests should run.

I have merged these changes into the 1.122 revision of cons,
they have to be moved to the current version.

Zach.