RE: nasm support?

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: RE: nasm support?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:07:23 -0400

What I would do (don't know if this is "right" or not...) is define a
CompileNASM method (call it what you want), and then you can swap out the
implementation of that however you like.  I.e. in your Conscripts you'll
have
  $env->CompileNASM(@nasm_files);
(or however they work -- maybe you need to specify destinations, or maybe it
returns objects, or whatever.)

Then you can write
sub cons::CompileNASM
{
  my $env = shift;
  my @nasmfiles = @_;
  foreach my $f (@nasmfiles) {
    $env->Command(....);
  }
}

So that later if there's a more automatic way to do it with Objects,
Program, Library or whatever, you can just swap out this implementation.

I know you'd like to avoid this step, but AFAIK it can't be done yet.  The
refactoring currently being discussed should be able to handle this easily
though.

-- Gary Oberbrunner