Re: Where can I get the lastest version of pcons?

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: Where can I get the lastest version of pcons?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:26:42 -0600 (CST)

> Why isn't pcons maintained as part of the main cons script? Personnaly I
> would like to have a unified cons script, and to see cons take advantage
> of SMP machines if it detects several CPUs. (the whole thing tainted by
> user prefs of course)

It needs more three more pieces to make it integratable:

    --  documentation
    --  test case(s)
    --  fix multi-line commands; substituting && as a separator
        breaks on win32 systems

Oh, plus we need a copyright assignment from Thomas to make it
GNU-legal...

I'm going to add Thomas's version to the parallel-cons web page, though,
so more people can find it, and maybe someone will have time to finish
the missing pieces.  (Thomas, I'll send you a copy of the FSF copyright
assignment.)

        --SK