Re: Cons::Plus in cons ? (was Re: building files with nasm (#2))

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: Cons::Plus in cons ? (was Re: building files with nasm (#2))
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:47:39 +0100 (MET)

On 8 Nov 2001, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> I need also to use another language with cons: Objective-C.
> I guess that Cons::Plus will be a good solution.

I hope so.
I've never used Objective-C myself, but since Cons::Plus
doesn't make any assumtions about the language you add it should
hopefully work (if you experience any trouble with Cons::Plus,
please let me know, and I'll try to fix it).

> But I think that this functionality is useful enough to be
> integrated in cons. So how about integrating the generic part of
> Cons::Plus in the regular cons ?

That's not for me to answer.
But in principle I think it would be quite easy to add the
functionality to regular Cons. But of course I don't know if my way
of adding support for more languages is consistent with "the way it
should be done" in Cons.

Until something happens with regular Cons, I think the functionality
"lives happily" in the Cons::Plus module. And I think/hope
Cons::Plus is quite easy to use.

/Johan Holmberg