pre-post actions ?

From: Nadim Khemir
Subject: pre-post actions ?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:14:12 +0100

Hi, cons is fun to use! Not easy in the beginning but it does a great job
when it comes to advanced features.

I had more time to play with cons I like the Link and Repository functions.

I can get the repository to work fine if I use it from a Construc file. It
fetches the files (even .h) from the Rep. and all is fine.

Now, if I want to build the same directory from a higher lever construct,
the repositiory functionality doesn't work. I get "don't know how to buld
xxx.c" which is in the repository. What did I do wrong?

I am missing the possibility to hook on the build process. I lint my files
after they are compiled.
Is there an easy way to do a "pre-build" action or a "post-build" action,
something like:

$(DST)/%_arm.o : %.c
        $(ECHO_COLOR) blue on_white ----- Compiling c   $<
        $(CC) $(RELEASE_FLAG) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@
        @$(LINT) -os\(${DST}/$<_lint.txt\) $(LINTFLAGS) $<
        @perl /iris/rtos/bin/lint/lint_post.pl ${DST}/$<_lint.txt

The AfterBuild method is also a good idea.

Nadim.