Re: javac issues

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: javac issues
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:42:51 -0600 (CST)

> > 9.3. Does Cons support Java?
> > Using Cons to build Java projects is possible, but not
> > straightforward. Java has a number of characteristics that don't
> > One approach that has been suggested would extend cons to scan
> > the output of the Java -depend -verbose command to build
> Yeah, I wanted to ask about that: which "Java" (sic) is that?
> Sun JVMs don't recognize "-depend" option (I don't remember
> the exact version I have at work; "java" from Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS
> here doesn't know about it either).

That's a cut-and-paste from a very old post on the mailing list (the
first one that discusses trying to compile Java with Cons):

        http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/1998-October/000363.html

There's a follow-up from Jochen Schwarze that forms the basis
for the FAQ discussion of Java.

I myself know only enough about Java to be very, very dangerous, so I
welcome any corrections you may have about the FAQ writeup.

        --SK