Don't use Cons with Active State Perl V5.6.1 Build 629 - use Build 630 i

From: Alex Jacques
Subject: Don't use Cons with Active State Perl V5.6.1 Build 629 - use Build 630 instead
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:18:01 -0500

This is just a heads up for anyone who has or will encounter this problem.

I had problems using Cons with Active State Perl V5.6.1 Build 629, upgrading
to Build 630 fixed it. I should note that Active State Perl V5.6.0 Build 623
also worked fine.

The problem was that the the MSVC 6.0 linker would give me a message to the
effect of "cannot open TEMPFILE".
I was running on Win2k, using either Cons CVS version 1.173 (which is later
than release 2.3.0) or Cons CVS version 1.146 (which is > 2.2.0 and <
2.3.0).

I didn't bother to track down the source of the problem, but it's a fair bet
that it's Build 629 and not Cons.