please comment: more advertisement liked ?

From: Erich Waelde
Subject: please comment: more advertisement liked ?
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:34:35 +0100

Hello all,

I'm following this list loosely since about 2 years
because I find cons a fascinating alternative to make.
Since I'm not programming for a job I have not heavily
used it though.

Special Thanks go to Johan Holmberg and his Cons::Plus
module, which should IMHO go into cons. It helps me
with flex/bison processing.

Recently I met Georg Greve, who is doing the "Brave GNU World"
column in the german Linux Magazin. The column is translated
and published into English, Japanese and a few more languages
and appears in printed magazines.

The column is about interesting GNU software products, so
it would be a good place to advertise cons/scons.

The procedure involves a little questionaire to be completed
by the maintainers.

The consequense is a higher traffic at least for some time
in the list, so I would like to ask the audience here, whether
I should initiate an entry in the "Brave GNU World" column.

Question to all: Do we want more people to know about
cons / scons resp.? Do we want more traffic in this list?