RE: Possible error in dependency checking a lots of other points

From: Greg Spencer
Subject: RE: Possible error in dependency checking a lots of other points
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:51:46 -0700

Steven wrote:
> That'd be pretty cool.  I'd be willing to integrate a
> change that would looks for Construct.xxx as well as
> Construct.
>
> In the Windows world, how do you go about picking a suffix
> that you know doesn't conflict with a suffix some other
> application is using?

Cough!  You don't.  Unlike Apple, MS doesn't maintain a list
of registered suffices (file types).  If you conflict, you
conflict.  The solution is "don't install both
applications".  You will be much safer choosing a four
letter suffix though since most people (even developers)
think you can't do that (yes, all MS operating systems from
Win95 on support more than three character suffices -- have
you clicked on an ".html" file lately?).

                        -Greg.

P.S. Notice that my fill-column is set to 60 characters, just
for you UNIX neanderthals.  :-)