Re: Some questions for Cons

From: Brad Garcia
Subject: Re: Some questions for Cons
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:43:20 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> 1. Whether Cons is a very popular make function in the market? (That means
> whether more and more people begin to use Cons instead of make)?

I believe so, although I'm not really sure how to go about proving this.

> 2. Whether development of Cons is still continuing? Or it is going to die?

Definitely continuing.  You can look at the mailing list archive to
convince yourself of that:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/

Cons is very mature and is used for commercial projects in many companies.

> If you are using Cons now, can you give me some comments or suggestions?

Website:  http://www.gnu.org/software/cons/
Manual:   http://www.gnu.org/software/cons/stable/cons.html
FAQ:      http://www.baldmt.com/cons-faq/

Not sure what "comments or suggestions" you are looking for.
I highly recommend it, especially if you are developing C and C++
applications.

Brad Garcia