Re: Problem with dependancies

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: Problem with dependancies
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:33:58 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> I believe that I have set the CPPPATH correctly (relative to the
> the root, right?), but it isn't finding dependancies for *any* of
> my headers...
[...]
> I don't know whether this is a bug in my Construct/Conscript
> files, or a bug in cons, but would appreciate it it someone could
> give me some advice on how to fix this...

It's a bug in your Construct file.

You use "Command" that doesn't know anything about C/C++.
"Command" is intended to execute "other commands", not to run a
C/C++ compiler.

If you want access to the "header file logic" of Cons you have three

  1) use one of the Objects/Module/Program/LinkedModule/Library
     methods documented in the Cons man page.

  2) learn the internals of Cons, and use internal functions of Cons
     to accomplish what you want.

  3) use Cons::Plus (or a similar module, if there are any)

If you choose 2) you will have to understand *a lot* of the Cons
internals to do it right ( just read the the source ;-) ).

And I guess you will just end up re-implementing (parts of) the
'ObjectsInDir' method in Cons::Plus.

I hope this helps,

/Johan Holmberg