Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:56:40 +0200

The developement effort has shifted to scons, which is pretty much the
same as cons, but based on Python. http://scons.sourceforge.net

Developement on cons is stopped it seems, which is less and less a problem
as scons picks up in functionality and reliability. What I've been
complaining about is not the lack of developement, but the lack of
maintenance lately. If I was to start a new build system, I would look at
scons anyway.

I briefly looked at jam, which is extremely similar to cons/scons. But I
think cons/scons have a big advantage by making the Construct file in perl
(or Python for scons), which is extremely powerful approach and avoids
jam's solution of creating it's own language. You could say that GNU Make
uses it's own language too .. and that's why it sucks :)

TTimo