Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: vbar
Subject: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: 17 May 2002 16:29:59 -0000

Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
> should consider all the options carefully, but don't avoid it
> just because there aren't frequent cons releases.  I don't
> think anything else out there is as good today.  And if you
> don't like how it works, just change it -- it's only perl! :-)
Yeah, I've been reading the cons source recently... I thought
I knew Perl, but it's not enough for cons. Just an example
(off the top of my head, I don't have the source here):
    $obj->bind(find pkgname, $par);
How many parameters does bind & find take? In other places,
the call to find is spelled
    find pkgname ($par1, $par2);
- I can't even find that in perldoc...

IMHO cons is not maintained simply because it isn't all that maintainable... I
*like* Perl, but perhaps I should start
learning Python...

  Bye
    Vasek