Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:55:06 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

This brings up the question of what "moving on" means for those currently using Cons. Is/will there some way to move from Cons to SCons/Python? Other than rewriting all Construct and Conscript files by hand I mean.

For us at least, there's far more "plain perl" in our Construct/Conscript files than there are calls to cons methods. I have about 3400 lines of Cons-related stuff, of which about 200-300 lines (a guess) are actual Cons calls, and the rest are perl. So unless the migration tool could convert arbitrary perl code to python, it wouldn't help all that much.

Although a tool that just removes all semicolons and $ signs would be a good start ;-) :-)

-- Gary