RE: The real challenge ;)

From: Charles Crain
Subject: RE: The real challenge ;)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:27:06 -0500

Actually it's funny you mention this...one of the Scons developers
posted a very convincing April Fool's joke that Linus had decided to use
Scons to build the Linux kernel.  Not only am I a Scons developer
myself, but I know the poster in real life.  I still fell for it.

Anyway, I have heard a couple of times that Linus is entirely
uninterested in a Python-dependent build process.  I don’t know if he
has something against Python in particular, or scripting languages in
general, or if he just really likes GNU make, or what.  It is kinda
weird, because they *are* using Python in some kind of kernel
configuration tool in 2.5, but the name escapes me.

-Charles