pcons - problems solved

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: pcons - problems solved
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:26:16 +0200

With the help of Gary Oberbrunner, I've finally figured out the pcons
problems. Basically I was using a Default '.' statement. Doing this breaks
the parallelizing, because it causes all files to be considered as
targets.

For instance: foo.c bar.c to make a foobar proggy
with a Default '.', foo.o and bar.o will be considered as targets too
cons will not launch compile of foo.c and bar.c in parallell because of
that (it waits for all children between each target build)

luckily my scripts are using Install statements in out/ directory, so I
did a Default 'out' instead. That makes the // work!

The pcons-2.3.1 (i.e. cons CVS + parallell patch) is available from my
pcons page:
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/pcons/

TTimo