Future of Cons, take 2

From: Nadim Khemir
Subject: Future of Cons, take 2
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:00:11 +0200

Hi all,

A month ago we had a serious discussion about the future of Cons that I
would like not to fade away as most discussions do.

>From the mail we send to the mailing list and some private mail I had, I can
say that there is enough energy to rewrite or "fix" Cons.

Summer holydays are coming fast and I guess most of us will not be active
before September.

I propose that those interested in Cons future take a look at the discussion
we had and write down some of the ideas they have. By September we could
restart this discussion. If, and I'd rather avoid that, a new project is to
start, I think my server will be up and running by then and I could host the
project.

I hope everyone understands that I do not intend to take valuable energy
from Cons. I just think that Cons has reached the point where most say: "It
works fine as it is, leave it that way".

If been doing some, little in fact, research for another build utility and I
recommend looking into this one at least: http://makepp.sourceforge.net/

Here is a list for other build systems:
http://www.a-a-p.org/tools_build.html

If you know of any other interesting build system please let me know.

Whether for Cons or another project, we can certainly find some ideas in
those packages.

Nadim Khemir
Senior Software Engineer

E-mail :  address@hidden