RE: Command Dependecies broken

From: Brad Garcia
Subject: RE: Command Dependecies broken
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:41:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Steven Allen wrote:

> It seems to boil down to the use of "content signatures" and "build
> signatures", which was introduced in cons 2.3.  Does any one know what the
> goal was in splitting the 2.2 "signature" into these two pieces?

I believe that this was based on a patch by Wayne Scott, introduced in
this thread:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/2000-January/000796.html

Then, it looks like Steven Knight attempted to add this in 2.1.2.
I don't remember if he actually did:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/2000-August/001025.html

The discussion popped up again a few months later:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/2001-February/001331.html

Hopefully that gives you enough reading on the subject.  :^)

Brad Garcia