Re: command dependencies broken

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: Re: command dependencies broken
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:53:35 +0200

Yes, it is an important issue obviously. But to me it doesn't look at bad
as you make it appear in your example. Basically I don't have 'chained'
dependencies, i.e. it's always a C file modified that leads to rebuilding
a .so or binary target.

The bug seems to happen on intermediate dependencies. In my case, hell
breaks loose with the Install and InstallAs methods. Sometimes it will
just decide that it's no need to rebuild the thing because it decides sort
of that the InstallAs object is present and doing just fine.

TTimo