2.3.0 patch attempt ...

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: 2.3.0 patch attempt ...
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:40:18 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Cons'ers !

I recently tried to read the Cons 2.3.0 source to understand what is
wrong (see my earlier mail about "command dependencies broken").

I've made a tiny patch to 2.3.0 (the patch also works for the latest
CVS version of Cons). It is just a first attempt to identify the
problem, but when I tested it it seemed at least to solve the
problem Steven Allen described earlier on the list.

I post the patch here on the cons-list just to show where I have
been searching for the error. I hope that someone else maybe can be
helped by this, and investigate this further (I almost suspect that
Steven is the only one understanding this part of the Cons source).

Note that I *don't* know if my patch is correct.
It may introduce other problems.
This has to be investigated further.

/Johan Holmberg

*** cons.pl     Tue Nov  6 11:03:19 2001
--- cons.pl-fixed-small Thu Aug  1 13:19:06 2002
***************
*** 3659,3664 ****
--- 3659,3666 ----
                    && $file->is_on_rpath) {
                    return $file->{'bsig'};
                }
+                 # we have an invalid build signature
+                 return '';
        }
        if ($file->is_on_rpath || ! File::Spec->file_name_is_absolute($path)) {
            return $self->bsig($file);