Re: cons development

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: cons development
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:16:52 -0500

Our build system is completely cons-based here. I maintain about 6900 lines of cons-related perl code (Conscripts/Constructs, extensions, etc.), not including cons itself. So I have a definite interest in seeing cons succeed. It does what I need quite well right now, though like everyone else I'd like to see -j support and better error reporting, but I don't think it's really possible to do -j correctly given the current infrastructure.

If SCons is the wave of the future, we'll have to make the jump at some point, but given the amount of investment and perl knowledge we have here, I'm not likely to move until I have to.

To make a long story short, although I don't have a lot of free time, I'm certainly willing to do some coding and some maintenance work. Count me in.

-- Gary Oberbrunner