Re: Question regarding compiling generated file

From: Dmitry Sagalovskiy
Subject: Re: Question regarding compiling generated file
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:03:40 -0500 (EST)

I think it works for me. Here: I used to have a plain .cc file that I
compiled and added to the library, and to simulate your setup I moved my
.cc file to .cc2, and added the following to my Conscript file:

 Depends $CONS 'strutil.cc', 'strutil.cc2';
 Command $CONS 'strutil.cc', 'strutil.cc2', qq( /bin/cp %< %> );

It seems to work fine:

 cons: Entering directory `/home/dmitry/work'
 Linked targets: build/util
 /bin/cp build/util/strutil.cc2 build/util/strutil.cc
 g++ -g -Wall -Iinclude -c build/util/strutil.cc -o build/util/strutil.o

I used Cons 2.2.0 on Unix (FreeBSD). Is my test very different from your
setup?

Dmitry