Re: Split cons code (was: Re: Debian package and development of CONS)

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Split cons code (was: Re: Debian package and development of CONS)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:16:22 +0200

> - redundant code wrt CPAN (e.g. option handling)

In fact, in the Debian package I'm creating with 2.3.0, I just removed
all CPAN modules, and used packages dependency. I think we must not
continue including CPAN modules in the code, before it would be up to us
to check bug fixes for this code...

> - huge learning curve to understand cons internals.

I'm facing it! :-/

If someone can help me doing an first try splitting Cons, I would be
happy...

For the following development, I was thinking of modules adapted to
languages:

Cons::Compilation (C/C++/Objective-C/Java/Fortran/ASM/etc.)
Cons::Tex
Cons::SGML (and XML)

I would want to group everything that obey a similar construction
process.

Simply,
le Moine Fou
--