Re: I don't want to learn python for my makefiles or cons development (a

From: Wayne Scott
Subject: Re: I don't want to learn python for my makefiles or cons development (again) or future of cons (again)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 06:22:22 -0400

On 5/8/06, Erik Wasser <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://rake.rubyforge.org/

Thanks for this. I knew a little ruby (but more than python) so I think
I will take rake instead of scons. (If we don't bring cons back to
life.)

Unless they are hiding all the interesting stuff on their webpage,
rake doesn't do any of the checksum build signatures that came from
cons.  The syntax looks nice so I have considered working underneath
and adding the plumbing I put in cons that allow redundant builds to
be truncated early or add con's derived object caching.

-Wayne