Re: CONS specs update?

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: CONS specs update?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:07:12 +0100

Scribit Pierre THIERRY dies 27/10/2004 hora 03:05:
> > I'd hate to see yet another effort to revive Cons drop flat.
> So do I. Sorry for the very long silence, I didn't find time to sit on
> a table with a notepad, and think about how everything the discussed
> about could fit together. I think I was lacking inspiration to do the
> synthesis of that...

Well, sorry for the next long silence. I must tell that I finally won't
try to make cons evolve. Mainly because I see pretty clearly in my head
how to do much of the work in an object-oriented way, and because I
never really understood Perl's object oriented mechanisms.

I still plan to develop a build management tool with the design I
sketched previously, but probably in Common Lisp. When it works, I'll
probably write the Construct module anyway, so it should be possible to
use existing Construct files with that tool, and use Perl around it's
Lisp core.

If I have any success in my attempt, I'll post some note here.

Alternatively,
Pierre
--
address@hidden