Re: [GNU/consensus] Fwd: [SocialSwarm-D] Kill the pseudonyms just to han

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] Fwd: [SocialSwarm-D] Kill the pseudonyms just to handle sybil attacks?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:25:56 +0200

The real issue is a different one:

How do you distinguish the claim of a Sybil attacker that he (and his
100 Sybils) were present and that 10 good peers were absent, from the
counter-claim that the 10 good peers were present and the Sybils were
absent?

Decentralizing the choice of location and even privacy-preserving range
queries (who is close) are relatively easy to do with crypto, at least
by comparison ;-).

My 2 cents

Christian