coreutils

Re: Support for CSV file format on sort

From: Eric Fischer
Subject: Re: Support for CSV file format on sort
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 12:28:28 -0800

A couple of years ago I went down this route of thinking I would add CSV
support to sort, and then let myself get distracted into trying to follow
https://paulfitz.github.io/2017/01/24/the-year-of-poop-on-the-desktop.html
instead. The problem with that is that coreutils doesn't work with
multibyte field separators. That discovery led me to make the multibyte
fixes in https://github.com/ericfischer/coreutils/tree/multibyte-squash so
that my sorting and other transformations would work. They have been
sitting in unreviewed limbo ever since, but they are still there if you
want them.

Eric